Call for coaches - NSW Beach Squad and State Team!
Are you interested in being a part of the growing Jr beach program in NSW? Join the NSW Beach Squad as a coach. Read below on the Jr Beach Squad program and if you are interested fill out the coach EOI. As a coach in the NSW Beach squad you will assist in local club trainings, help run and organise the 2 Talent Identification & Development Days, and assist in the final tryout for our State Team athletes. You can also choose to be considered to be a travellng State Team squad and attend the Australian Junior Beach Volleyball Championships in WA.
If you are unable to travel with the State Team please select "Squad Coach", otherwise please indicate your preffered team gender and age.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND FOR MORE INFORMATION
What is the SVNSW Jr Beach Squad?
The SVNSW Beach Squad is new to the SVNSW Jr Beach pathway. The squad is composed of our most enthousiastic, keen and eager athletes looking to develop their beach game, receive technical coaching from State Team coaches, and be identified as our top Jr. athletes.
Who can join the SVNSW Beach Squad?
Any junior aged 13-19 can register to become a member of the SVNSW Junior Beach Squad. If you are looking for training and playing opportunities, join the squad. If you are hoping to be identified to be a member of the SVNSW Junior Beach State Team, you MUST be a member of the SVNSW Beach Squad. You can also join the squad if you do not wish to be selected for the NSW Beach State Team.
What do I need to do to be a part of the SVNSW Beach Squad?
Being a member of the SVNSW Beach squad encompasses the following terms and conditions;
- You register (link coming soon) here and pay $30.00 to attend two mandatory Talent Identification and Development Days (in leu of open tryouts). These days will have NSW Beach State Team coaches running drills and teaching skills to all athletes in the squad. The coaches will also use these days to identify any elite athletes they wish to invite to the closed final tryout for the NSW Beach State Team.
- In addition to attending the Identification and Development days, you must choose two additional programs to be a member of. These programs can 2 of the following:
- Junior Beach League – JBL - 2 locations (Manly & Coogee) – click here for more information and to register
- SVNSW Junior Beach Academy (Ulladulla) – click here for more information and times
- An approved club training (Available at Coogee and Manly) – where a State Team coach is present run/observe the session
What if I cannot attend/join one of the above sessions?
The criteria to be a member of the SVNSW will be enforced and expected to be followed. If a valid reason prevents you from attending one of the above programs/sessions you must notify SVNSW and approval must be granted.
All SVNSW Beach Squad members must also hold a current SVNSW Membership (Valid from April 1 – March 31)