Planning has commenced to host a National Officiating Seminar in Canberra during July 2017. With the Men’s World Championship Qualification tournament scheduled for 12-16 July and the Group 3 Women’s Grand Prix finals scheduled for 21-23 July this creates an ideal time.
Aims of the seminar will be:
- To enhance the standard application of rules across VA competitions (incl. National Beach Tour, Australian Volleyball Junior Championships, Australian Volleyball League and Australian Volleyball Schools).
- To provide updates of interpretations and application of the rules changes introduced in 2017 for Volleyball and Beach Volleyball;
- To introduce, clarify the new structures of VARC and the Referee systems in Australia;
- To conduct workshops with members to identify preferred practices for National events;
- To provide perspectives from other sporting officials (e.g. Netball);
- To provide a presentation from visiting officials on officiating out of your country;
- To expand on activities in Australia, Oceania and Asia.
To enable the greatest attendance at the seminar we are seeking your input to timing of the event, through the following small number of questions. You can find the survey here: https://form.jotform.co/70108811166854
Thank you for taking a few minutes to provide input to our planning. This survey will close at 17:00 February 10, 2017.