Saint Ignatius’ College, Riverview is seeking Volleyball coaches for the 2019 season. The school is located in Riverview, Sydney, NSW. The School is part of the GPS system, which consists of Eight Independent schools in NSW where Volleyball is becoming a fast-growing sport. Currently Volleyball is a new sport to the school, but in our six year plan we set out to be in the top two competitive schools in the GPS competition.
This is a casual role only. We are not seeking professional coaches or an academy to come in as we already have a program we are implementing.
You are required:
- To attend training sessions and Saturday fixtures.
- Report directly to the School’s Master In Charge (MIC) of Volleyball.
- Have experience coaching volleyball at a junior club/school level and or senior level.
- A sound playing and coaching background.
- Be able to umpire and score
- Excellent communication skills with peers, parents and students.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- The ability to engage in reflective practice and a culture of improvement.
- A willingness to develop the skills of young volleyballers under the guidance of the College’s MIC Volleyball.
- Payment will be between $30-$50 per hour.
- Trainings Times: Two sessions per week. These can be decided by you what day and time best suits you.
- Morning = 6:45am-8:10am
- Afternoon = 3:30pm-5:00pm
- Saturday = 2 hours anytime between 7:30am and 12:30pm
- Season Date:
- Season starts Monday 18th March
- Season concludes Saturday 17th August
If you are interested these are the things we need from you and information:
- Ideally, but not a necessity, you will need a drivers licence to get to Saturday fixtures as the schools are located all around Sydney.
- All coaches MUST complete a “Working With Children Check” form.
Many Thanks, Geoff Tesoriero