Term 4, 2020 grant applications open now and close at 8:00pm AEST Friday 4th September
Sporting Schools is a $240 million Australian Government initiative designed to help schools to increase children's participation in sport, and to connect them with community sporting opportunities. Sporting Schools programs are subsidised by the government for schools to help their students stay active and build confidence. There is a program for primary schools, and a targeted program for Year 7 and 8 students in secondary schools.
Sporting Schools is offering a one-off grant supplement in term four. Successful schools who opt-in to receive the funding could receive between $400 and $1,400 depending on how many schools apply. The supplemental grant pool will be distributed equally across eligible schools.
To apply for the supplement, you will need to nominate how you plan to use the extra funding whether it be to deliver an additional sport, sport-related professional development for teachers or spend it on equipment to support the delivery of a Sporting Schools program.
What is Spikezone?
Spikezone is an entry level Volleyball program designed by Volleyball Australia to increase participation opportunities for primary and early secondary school students aged between 8 and 13 years. Our program goal is to create pathways to school students to develop long term participation of the sport. This pathway includes our Junior Development Programs, Schools Cups, Junior Clubs and Junior Volleyball League.
Why should I choose Spikezone in Sporting Schools?
- Great team sport
- Non-contact, gender equal sport
- Increases co-ordination and socialisation skills
- Minimal equipment needed
- Can be played on all sort of surfaces: grass, concrete, indoor
- Smaller sized court
- A lower net height (2 metres)
- A softer and lighter ball
How do I register?
- Register your school here
- Instructions on how to apply for a grant here
- After your grant is successful, you can book a coach delivered (here) or teacher led package (here)
- After you make a booking in the sporting schools portal, we will contact you shortly.
How to be involved?
Want to gain more confidence and experience in coaching? Sporting Schools is a great way to start your coaching career!
- Minimum Level 1 Foundation Coaching Course, including the Play By The Rules modules. Level 2 coaching qualification is encouraged.
- Become a current silver or above member of Volleyball NSW
- Be aged 16 years or older
- Have a Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- Sign a Sporting Schools Spikezone agreement with Volleyball Australia and your State Office
- All staff/coaches to follow the same requirements as above
- Adopt and adhere to the philosophy and delivery of the Spikezone product