COACH EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Welcome to State Volleyball NSW Coach Education & Development section. Here you will find links to information and resources to assist in the education and development of New South Wales indoor and beach volleyball coaches. State Volleyball NSW is responsible for co-ordinating the relevant paperwork and educational courses, for NSW coaches to be recognised by Volleyball Australia (VA) and the Australian Sports Commission's National Coach Accreditation Scheme (NCAS). All information and documents can be found throughout of this page.
Every coach MUST have the proper active VA coaching accreditation for each of the following program & event:
- For Australian Volleyball Schools Cup (AVSC) - Minimum Foundation Coach Level 1 accreditation.
- For Spikeroos - Minimum Foundation Coach Level 1 accreditation.
- For State Junior Beach Volleyball (AJBVC) - Minimum Talent Development Coach Level 2 accreditation.
- For State Junior Indoor Volleyball (AJVC) - Minimum Talent Development Coach Level 2 accreditation.
*All teachers / coaches who teach/coach youth should have minimum Foundation Coach Level 1 accreditation.
UP-COMING COACHING COURSES & WORKSHOPS
Differences between Coaching Workshops & Coaching Courses:
• Coaching Courses (Level 1, 2 & 3) are a compulsory element to gain a formal coaching qualification. This is standardized by Volleyball Australia (VA) and delivered in cooperation with each State Volleyball organisations. After attending a course, you become a candidate for the relevant VA accreditation level and will gain the full qualification once all elements have been completed.
• Coaching Workshops (Level 1, 2 & 3) work in parallel to a course and include theoretical and practical sessions aiming to provide additional education. Workshops are independently created and delivered by State Volleyball New South Wales as a professional development opportunity to create better coaches and show additional practical applications. After attending a workshop, you receive a Certificate of Attendance and the hours spent can contribute to your coaching Log Sheet which is a requirement to gain some of the formal coaching qualifications.
Foundation Coaching Course (Level 1)
Date: Always available online
Pre-requisites for this Course are below within Course details.
Cost: $49.50 (plus credit card surcharge)
After registering for course you can find it within your Fortix account in My Courses section. Registrant has 6 months to do online course and secure Level 1 accreditation.
Level 2 Coaching Course (course flyer) - CANCELLED
23rd NOVEMBER 2019
WORKSHOP SERIES OF THE NSW COACH DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
In line with national coaching courses, this program is aiming to give deeper practical and theoretical knowledge that will facilitate and benefit coaches who are building their own coaching career. Content is prepared in line with international standards and based on scientific, academic and practical knowledge. This program is divided in three levels and each level has subcategories.
CURRENT FRAMEWORK OF COACHING ACCREDITATIONS AND COURSES
|Course Name||Duration and Prerequisites||Target Audience||Previously Known As|
|Foundation Coach Level 1||4 hours in course work||Junior club, SpikeZone, beginner coaches and teachers||Nil|
|Talent Development Coach Level 2||7 hours in course work, ASC Online Community Coach General Principles & practical coach assessment||Club, assistant state teams and school Honours level coaches||Level 1 NCAS|
|28 hours in course work, ASC Intermediate Coaching General Principles & practical assessment tasks||State teams, AVL, representative teams and potential high performance coaches||Level 2 NCAS|
MASTER COACH (LEVEL 4)
To be determinated
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
What is RPL?
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is the acknowledgment of skills and knowledge obtained through formal training, work experience and/ or life experience. RPL can often "speed-up" the process of becoming an accredited coach and avoid the problem of participants having to unnecessarily repeat learning experience.
Who can apply?
Applicants can apply for RPL if they think that their prior learning and experience enables them to provide evidence to show that they are already competent in the competencies of a particular training program or module.
More useful links about RPL
Contact person: Dr. Mladen Stankovic
Phone number: 0287361264