Term 3, 2020 grant applications are now open and close at 8:00pm AEST Friday 26th June
Sporting Schools is a $240 million Australian Government initiative designed to help schools to increase children's participation in sport, and to connect them with community sporting opportunities. Sporting Schools programs are subsidised by the government for schools to help their students stay active and build confidence. There is a program for primary schools, and a targeted program for Year 7 and 8 students in secondary schools.
What is Spikezone?
Spikezone is an entry level Volleyball program designed by Volleyball Australia to increase participation opportunities for primary and early secondary school students aged between 8 and 13 years. Our program goal is to create pathways to school students to develop long term participation of the sport. This pathway includes our Junior Development Programs, Schools Cups, Junior Clubs and Junior Volleyball League.
Why should I choose Spikezone in Sporting Schools?
- Great team sport
- Non-contact, gender equal sport
- Increases co-ordination and socialisation skills
- Minimal equipment needed
- Can be played on all sort of surfaces: grass, concrete, indoor
- Smaller sized court
- A lower net height (2 metres)
- A softer and lighter ball
How do I register?
- Register your school here
- Instructions on how to apply for a grant here
- After your grant is successful, you can book a coach delivered (here) or teacher led package (here)
- After you make a booking in the sporting schools portal, we will contact you shortly.
How to be involved?
Want to gain more confidence and experience in coaching? Sporting Schools is a great way to start your coaching career!
- Minimum Level 1 Foundation Coaching Course, including the Play By The Rules modules. Level 2 coaching qualification is encouraged.
- Become a current silver or above member of Volleyball NSW
- Be aged 16 years or older
- Have a Working With Children Check (WWCC)
If you are interested in coaching please fill out this EOI form:
- Sign a Sporting Schools Spikezone agreement with Volleyball Australia and your State Office
- All staff/coaches to follow the same requirements as above
- Adopt and adhere to the philosophy and delivery of the Spikezone product